What are the safety measures for underwater welding and cutting?
Release time: 2015-08-10 17:21:10 Views: 1562
An important feature of the safety of underwater welding and cutting is that there are a large number of preparations, which generally include the following aspects:
(1) Investigate environmental conditions such as weather, water depth, water temperature, and flow velocity in the operation area. The operation can only be performed when the wind on the water surface is less than 6 and the flow velocity of the operation point is less than 0.1 ~ 0.3m / s.
(2) Before underwater welding and cutting, the nature and structural characteristics of the welded and cut pieces shall be ascertained, and it shall be clarified whether there are flammable, explosive and toxic substances in the operation object. Properly fix objects that may fall or collapse, especially when cutting underwater, to prevent injury or damage to the air supply pipe and cables.
(3) Before diving, check and test the insulation, watertightness, and technological performance of welding and cutting equipment and tools, diving equipment, gas supply pipes and cables, and communication tools on the water. The oxygen hose must be cleaned with steam or hot water with a working pressure of 1.5 times. No grease can be adhered to the inside or outside of the hose. The air pipe and cable should be bundled firmly every .5m to avoid twisting each other. After diving underwater, you should arrange the air supply pipes, cables and signal ropes in a timely manner to keep them in a safe position to avoid damage.
(4) No other work may be performed at the same time above the operating point in an area with a radius equal to the water depth. As unburned gas or toxic gas escapes and floats to the surface during underwater operation, water personnel should have fire prevention preparations, and the air supply pump should be placed in the upwind to prevent fire or underwater personnel inhaling toxic gas Poisoning.
(5) Before operation, the operator should handle the work safely and remove the surrounding obstacles. Underwater welding and cutting must not be performed in suspension in the water. An operating platform should be installed in advance, or a safe operating position should be selected on the object to prevent itself, diving gear, gas supply pipes and cables from being sprayed or flowed by slag.
(6) There must be a communication device between the submerged welding and cutting personnel and the surface support personnel. When all preparations are ready, the welding and cutting personnel can only start operations after obtaining the support personnel's consent.
(7) Underwater welding and cutting work must be performed by personnel who have been specially trained and hold such work permits.